“For me, prayer is a surge of the heart; it is a simple look turned toward heaven, it is a cry of recognition and of love, embracing both trial and joy.” – St. Thérèse of Lisieux
“Whether prayer is expressed in words or gestures, it is the whole man who prays. But in naming the source of prayer, Scripture speaks sometimes of the soul or the spirit, but most often of the heart (more than a thousand times). According to Scripture, it is the heart that prays. If our heart is far from God, the words of prayer are in vain” (CCC 2562)
Portiuncula Adoration Chapel
- Spend some quiet time with our Lord, who is always present in the Tabernacle. During the semesters the Blessed Sacrament is exposed in the monstrance on weekdays. Please check the Mass Times page for scheduled hours of Exposition.
- The chapel is located across from the elevator in the church building of Christ the King.
- Sign up here to be a committed weekly adorer
- Dinner. Praise & Worship. Confession. Intercessory Prayer. This event is open to all and occurs 3 or 4 Thursdays a semester from 7pm-9pm.
- Check our Calendar for upcoming dates and more details!
- Praise & Worship led by student musicians at 9pm on Wednesdays in the church during the Fall and Spring Semesters.
- Want to inquire about playing or singing on an Alive musician team? Contact us!
- Our Lady’s Fighting Tigers is made up of parents, alumni, family, and friends of students & staff at Christ the King. They receive an email with monthly updates on CTK’s Student Ministry/upcoming prayer events and weekly Rosary reminders with the CTK prayer intentions.
- Student Intercessory Prayer – Open to all with a heart for prayer. Join other student intercessors bi-monthly in the CTK classrooms to pray with scripture and from the heart specifically for the campus of LSU and the ministry at CTK.
- Throughout the semester there are various prayer events such as Liturgy of the Hours, Rosary, Stations of the Cross, and more…
- Check the events calendar for upcoming dates and visit the Resources page to learn more about these types of prayer.
Consecration to Jesus through Mary
- If you’ve been thinking about entrusting yourself to Jesus in a deeper way through the intercession of Mary, His mother, consider making this step with a 33-day personal retreat.
- Once a semester CTK has a group that provides some community and discussion surrounding the daily reflection and prayer each day leading up to the consecration with Fr. Michael Gaitley’s book “33 Days to Morning Glory”.
“Adoration of Our Lord in the Eucharist is very special to me. It makes receiving Him at Mass so much more meaningful. Christ the King’s beautiful reverence towards Eucharistic Adoration truly opened my eyes to the real presence of Jesus Christ in the Blessed Sacrament, and brought me to a greater understanding of the source and summit of our Catholic faith. I continue to pray that I may proclaim, ‘I received the Living God, and my heart is full of joy’ after each Mass.”Scottie C.
“My experience with Adoration this past semester has been truly life changing! When I first saw the sign-up, my immediate reaction was to answer to the call. However, when I began to look at the time slots, it felt like a lot of commitment and I was unsure if I would be able to juggle everything! Despite these thoughts, I signed up and attended Adoration regularly! At the beginning, I had no idea what to do for the entire hour, so I downloaded an app that provided me with devotionals. These devotionals encouraged me to read the Bible daily and this made my relationship with God soar to a brand new level. This semester of Adoration allowed me to make tough decisions, set my focus to God and His plan for me, and helped me realize my purpose! If you are considering signing up for an hour, I say do it! Honestly, it will be the best decision you have ever made!!”Ashton G.