“For me, prayer is a surge of the heart; it is a simple look turned toward heaven, it is a cry of recognition and of love, embracing both trial and joy.” – St. Thérèse of Lisieux
“Whether prayer is expressed in words or gestures, it is the whole man who prays. But in naming the source of prayer, Scripture speaks sometimes of the soul or the spirit, but most often of the heart (more than a thousand times). According to Scripture, it is the heart that prays. If our heart is far from God, the words of prayer are in vain” (CCC 2562)
Portiuncula Adoration Chapel
- Spend some quiet time with our Lord, who is always present in the Tabernacle. During the semesters the Blessed Sacrament is exposed in the monstrance on weekdays. Please check the Mass Times page for scheduled hours of Exposition.
- The chapel is located across from the elevator in the church building of Christ the King.
- Sign up here to be a committed weekly adorer
- Dinner. Praise & Worship. Confession. Intercessory Prayer. This event is open to all and occurs 3 or 4 Thursdays a semester from 7pm-9pm.
- Check our Calendar for upcoming dates and more details!
- Praise & Worship led by student musicians at 8pm on Wednesdays in the Adoration Chapel during the Fall and Spring Semesters.
- Want to inquire about playing or singing on an Alive musician team? Contact us!
- Our Lady’s Fighting Tigers is made up of parents, alumni, family, and friends of students & staff at Christ the King. They receive an email with monthly updates on CTK’s Student Ministry/upcoming prayer events and weekly Rosary reminders with the CTK prayer intentions.
- Student Intercessory Prayer – Open to all with a heart for prayer. Join other student intercessors bi-monthly in the CTK classrooms to pray with scripture and from the heart specifically for the campus of LSU and the ministry at CTK.
- Throughout the semester there are various prayer events such as Liturgy of the Hours, Rosary, Stations of the Cross, and more…
- Check the events calendar for upcoming dates and visit the Resources page to learn more about these types of prayer.
Spiritual Direction & Prayer Class
- Katie Ibarra is a part-time campus minister and spiritual director and comes to campus two days a week. To meet with Katie to talk about prayer or going deeper in your relationship with the Lord, email her at [email protected]
- Katie also teaches “School of Prayer” on Tuesdays at 5pm in the Tracy classroom at CTK. For more details, email Katie or fill out this interest form.