Rite of Christian Initiation for Adults (RCIA)
The Sacraments of Initiation lay the foundation of the Christian life.
“The faithful are born anew by Baptism, strengthened by the sacrament of Confirmation, and receive in the Eucharist the food of eternal life. By means of these sacraments of Christian initiation, they thus receive in increasing measure the treasures of the divine life and advance toward the perfection of charity” Catechism of the Catholic Church (CCC) #1212
Any adult interested in becoming Catholic or learning more about the Catholic Faith can contact Amelia Gallagher at email@example.com and fill out the RCIA Inquiry form below.
The Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults (RCIA) is the process where someone can learn about the Catholic Church, and be prepared to receive the sacraments of initiation (Baptism, Holy Communion, and Confirmation). RCIA sessions are desired to help shed light on your questions, doubts, and interests as they pertain to the Catholic faith.
If you happen to have Catholic friends, you could ask them to suggest a good Catholic parish in your area. When you receive a recommendation, visit with the pastor and see about participating in Mass as a non-Catholic.
If you live in or around the Baton Rouge area, we sincerely encourage you to call the CTK office for details.
If you want to begin learning on your own please see the recommended resources in the section below!
- Catechism of the Catholic Church
- Symbolon on FORMED brings together some of the most trusted Catholic teachers in the world to guide you through the breadth and richness of the Catholic faith.
- Ascension Presents seeks to present the truth and beauty of the Catholic faith through media, and to answer the longings of the human heart with the transformative power of the Gospel.
- Blessed is She is a sisterhood of women who want to grow together in their Catholic faith.
- The Wild Goose is Loose ministry invites men and women to an encounter, or a renewed encounter, with Christ who perfectly reveals the love of the Father by the grace of the Holy Spirit
- Word on Fire Institute
- College Apologetics: Proof of the Truth of the Catholic Faith by Fr. Anthony F. Alexander
- Rome Sweet Home by Scott & Kimberly Hahn
- Surprised by Truth by Patrick Madrid
- The Map of Life by Frank Sheed
- Theology for Beginners by Frank Sheed
- Catholic Answers Live
- Ask Fr. Josh (Your Catholic Question and Answer Podcast)
- Catholic Stuff You Should Know
- Abiding Together
- Always Hope by Dr. Mario Sacasa
- Catching Foxes
- Quizzical Papist