Resuming Public Masses May 16th
The faithful of the Diocese of Baton Rouge remain dispensed from the obligation to attend Mass on Sundays.
• Only 200 people are permitted in Christ the King per Mass. Parishioners must schedule in advance to attend Sunday Mass by signing up on the CTK Website.
• Those without computer access can call the parish office at (225) 344-8595 to sign up during office hours (Monday - Friday, 9am - 4:30pm).
• Daily and Weekend Mass Schedule has been altered to allow for proper cleaning in between each Mass (see schedule below).
Stay Home if…
- you feel sick.
- you suspect you may be sick.
- you have a sick family member at home.
- you should be under self-quarantine due to possible contact with a Covid-19 patient.
- you are in the vulnerable population as defined by the CDC. (Link - Click Here)
(Beginning May 16th)
Sat - 5pm Vigil Mass
Sun - 9am | 12pm (en Español) | 6pm
Mon - 5:30pm
Tue - 5:30pm
Wed - 5:30pm
Thu - 5:30pm
Fri - No Mass
(No appointments needed)
Tuesday, Wednesday, & Thursday - 3:30pm - 5pm
Saturday - 3pm - 4:30pm
- Holy Communion cannot yet be brought to the Sick & Homebound Parishioners.
- Missals & Hymnals will not be in the pews. Personal missalettes or phone apps may be used to follow along with the readings if desired.
- We will continue to livestream 9am Sunday Mass ONLY via our Christ the King YouTube channel (www.youtube.com/c/ctklsu).
Daily Mass livestreams end June 25th.
- Currently you can only sign up for 1 Mass per week. If a Mass still has openings 4 hours prior to its start time anyone can sign up for that Mass even if you have already been that week.
***All of the above is subject to change based off of directives from the Diocese of Baton Rouge and/or pastoral need.***
Coronavirus Mass Directives
- Please wash hands before leaving home.
- Feel free to bring along a travel-size container of hand sanitizer or hand wipes.
- Everyone is required to bring and wear a mask.
- Maintain social distancing protocols of 6-ft separation entering, sitting and exiting the church.
- Entrance for Mass will be from the CTK office parking lot area (closest to the fraternity houses with covered drop off).
- A basket will be available for collection of tithes in the Gathering Area to the right the far right entrance door to church.
- Seating is limited to insure proper social distancing (6-ft apart in all directions). Families and those living in the same household can sit together.
- Some rows will be blocked off and 6ft distancing is required.
- Ushers will be present to assist in seating.
- Ask the Holy Spirit for a disposition of faith and generosity to enter into Mass.
- Go to Sacramental Confession if needed
- Pray along with the Mass.
- A bow or gesture should replace a handshake or other physical signs of peace/greeting during the liturgy.
- Holy Communion will be distributed by means of the Consecrated Host only.
- Reception of Holy Communion on the hand is encouraged, but not required. Please be mindful to not come into contact with the priest or EMHC while receiving Holy Communion. If contact is made, the priest/EMHC will purify and sanitize their hand before continuing to distribute Holy Communion. You cannot wear gloves to receive Holy Communion.
- Maintain social distancing protocols of 6-ft separation, even when time to come forward to receive Holy Communion.
- Priests, deacons and other ministers of communion, will wear a mask for the distribution of Holy Communion.
- Remove masks only to receive Holy Communion.
- When Mass is over, please do not gather in groups in the Gathering Area but continue to maintain social distancing as you exit the building. Ushers will direct everyone as how and when to exit.